In celebration of the 69 th Charter Day of Butuan City or otherwise known as “Adlaw Hong Butuan 2019”, the City Government of Butuan through the City Tourism Office is spearheading the first photography competition dubbed as “A City Ascending Photo Contest 2019”.
The Photo Contest will showcase the City’s positive ambiance and environment that will promote and boost Butuan’s tourism industry and the services of the five developmental areas of the government to the people.
The Photo Contest shall give emphasis on these three subjects of interest, but not limited to, namely:
- Tourism Sites & Attractions, Tourism-related Enterprises
- Tourism Events & Festivals and other City-led Activities
- City Spot-on Projects / Services of the Five (5) Development Areas
- The contest is open to all photographers (amateurs, enthusiasts, hobbyists, novices and professionals).
- Photos must have been taken from August 2018 up to the present, e. may it be stock or recent photos.
- Participants may use any digital camera (DSLR, mirrorless or drone camera)with at least sixteen-megapixel (16MP) capability for 1st and 2nd Categories, and at least eight-megapixel (8MP) capability for 3rd Category – Cellfone Cam.
- Registration fee is absolutely FREE.
DSLR/MIRRORLESS CAM– Photos taken by a digital single lens reflex or mirrorless cameras of at least 16MP camera. Photos entries must be 11” x 17” @ 300dpi resolution.
DRONE CAM– Photos taken through a drone shot of at least 16MP camera. Photos entries must be 11” x 17” @ 300dpi resolution.
CELLFONE CAM– A decent shot of a cellphone camera capable of delivering at least 8MP. Photo entries must be 8” x 12” @ 300dpi resolution.
Submission of Entries
Registered photographers will be allowed to submit a maximum of five (5) entries in each category wherein the latter may only be entitled for one major prize whichever is higher.
Submitted entries must observe the following format:
[Category No.]_[Family Name, First Name]_[Entry No.].jpg
Upon submission of entries, you must indicate the following data:
- Full Name
- Complete Present and Provincial Address
- Name of Office (if working)
- Name of School (if student)
- Contact/Mobile No.
No name of the contest participant nor any watermarks should appear on the face of the entry. Failure to comply means a disqualification.
For online participants, entries per category may be submitted at email address:
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and please make a “CC” to: email@example.com
For local participants, entries may be submitted to the Documentation Committee of the Photo Contest at the CameraHaus Butuan, 3/F, Robinson’s Place Butuan, Tel. No. (085) 815 4438 or 0925 728 8003 or 0998 866 6399 look for Jason Tubiano or Mark Dumanon.
- Deadline for submission of entries is on July 21, 2019 (Sunday) at 8 p.m.
- Final entries submitted must be in FULL color (NO MONOCHROME or BLACK &WHITE).
- Creative effects done within the camera at the time of exposure are allowed g. multiple exposures, flash fill, lighting, filtration, etc.
- Digital retouching on density, contrast adjustments, minor cropping, burning, and dodging may also be allowed.
- Major manipulations of main images through adding or subtracting are NOT allowed, likewise watermarks are NOT
- Images that do not meet these requirements will be automatically disqualified.
- With each submitted photo entry, the participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work and has not yet won in any major photography competition.
- All information submitted by each participant shall be made in full and frank disclosure. Any misrepresentation may result in disqualification, forfeiture or withdrawal of any prize won as determined by the Organizer as its sole discretion
Criteria for Judging
|Artistic (creativity & composition) & Relevance to subject||………….||35%|
|Technical (exposure & focus)||………….||25%|
|Overall Impact and X-Factor||………….||40%|
The awarding of prizes for the winners will be announced during the PHOTO -EXHIBIT of the winning entries on July 29, 2019 (Monday 10AM), and all the participants are invited to attend.
THE DECISION OF THE BOARD OF JUDGES IS FINAL. THE ORGANIZER SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO ENTERTAIN ANY PROTEST OR COMPLAINT AFTER THE FINAL DECISION OF WINNERS SHALL BE MADE.
₱20,000.00 + Certificate
₱15,000.00 + Certificate
₱10,000.00 + Certificate
₱12,000.00 + Certificate
₱8,500.00 + Certificate
₱6,500.00 + Certificate
₱8,000.00 + Certificate
₱6,000.00 + Certificate
₱4,000.00 + Certificate
- PLUS Six (6) Special Prizes: @ ₱5,000.00 each = ₱30,000.00 A total of ₱120,000.00
Waiver & Release Forms
- By taking part in this event, participants acknowledge that the organizer is indemnified against any accidents or injuries that may occur during the course of the event.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a parental consent and submit a waiver duly signed by the participant and the parent.
- The organizers will not be responsible for any failure to read or upload submitted images. The organizers will not be responsible for any loss of image data or damage during the uploading process.
The City Tourism Office – Butuan City will have the rights to reproduce, exhibit, or publish the images submitted as final entries for promotional purposes, indicating and acknowledging the photographer. It may display the prints in a public venue, or publish them for the purpose of promoting Butuan City, without any financial compensation to the photographers.