Gabii sa Kabilin (Night of Heritage), is a cultural event that will take Cebuanos who want to have a closer look at Cebu cultures and heritage through the arts and collections of Cebu museums to Cebu cultural awareness. This event highlights museums and their exhibits bringing to limelight the arts and crafts, antique and unique, prized and revered that Cebu has.
This year’s Gabii sa Kabilin is made possible through partnerships with the LGUs of Cebu City, Mandaue City, Lapu-lapu City, and Talisay City. The Philippine National Police (PNP), Cebu City Traffic Operations Management (CITOM), Parks and Play grounds Commission and the Cultural and Historical Affairs Office of Cebu City are on full support of this yearly activity.
The annual heritage event will feature 18 cultural destinations in the cities of Cebu, Lapu-lapu, Mandaue, and Talisay.
Archdiocesan Museum of Cebu
Armed Forces of the Philippines @ Customs (Aduana) House
Cebu Archdiocesan Shrine of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
Basilica Minore del Santo Niño Museum
Casa Gorordo Museum
Cebu Provincial Capitol
Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple
Palm Grass The Cebu Heritage Hotel
Jose R. Gullas Halad Museum
Museo Parian sa Sugbo – 1730 Jesuit House
Theresa’s College – Sr. Ma. Delia Coronel Folklife Museum
University of San Carlos (Main) Museum
University of Southern Philippines Foundation Rizaliana Museum
Sugbo Chinese Museum
Mandaue Presidencia (Mandaue City)
Mactan Shrine (Lapu-lapu City)
Talisay City College (Talisay City)
Gabii sa Kabilin 2019 Phoneography Contest
Gabii sa Kabilin Phoneograpy Contest is held in partnership with Phoneography Cebu. The theme of this year’s contest is “Setting Sail.” Gabii sa Kabilin 2019 celebrates that historic event when five ships set sail from Spain and began a journey that eventually circumnavigated the earth, and the undocumented “advances” our ancestors as they explore a land that was about to be “found”.
Here are the detailed contest mechanics:
1. Contest participants just need to buy a Gabii sa Kabilin Ticket. Registration begins on 8 April 2018
2. The entry must align with the contest theme: the subject of the photograph can be elements such a people, objects, etc. and other subjects related to the theme “Setting Sail.”
3. The photograph must be taken within the Visayas region and at any time of the day. The photograph must have been taken not earlier than 1 January 2018.
4. The photograph size must be between 5”x7” and 8”x10” with the resolution not be below 1024 x 768 or not below 720 DPI.
5. The photograph must be taken using a camera phone of any brand.
6. To join the contest, the participant must submit a copy his entry with the following details:
Title of entry:
Name of photographer:
Location: (Town, Province)
Date photo taken: (dd/mm/yy)
Brand and model of camera phone:
Mobile-based app used to edit photograph: (if any was used)
7. Along with the official entry, the raw, unedited photograph must also be sent.
8. Entries must be sent as private messages to the official Gabii sa Kabilin facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/gabiisakabilincebu/.
9. Each participant is allowed to send only one (1) entry.
10. Deadline of submission is on 20 May 2019.
11. A screening of the entries will be done and finalists will be posted on the Gabii sa Kabilin facebook page on 17 May 2019.
12. A liking contest will take place from 21-23 midnight May 2019. A special award will be given to the photograph with the most number of likes.
13. Winners of the Gabii sa Kabilin 2019 Phoneography will be announced during the Gabii sa Kabilin.
14. Entries will be judged through the following criteria:
Adherence to theme – 20%
Composition – 10%
Originality and creativity – 15%
Color, Lighting, Exposure and Focus – 20%
Overall artistic impression – 20%
Clarity and Quality of Submission – 10%
Audience appeal – 5%
15. The following awards will be given:
Gabii sa Kabilin Phoneography Contest – Winner (Php 3,000 worth of prizes)
Gabii sa Kabilin Phoneography Contest – Runner up (Php 2,000 worth of prizes)
Gabii sa Kabilin Phoneography Contest –
People’s choice award (Php 2,000 worth of prizes)
To join the Gabii sa Kabilin, you must purchase a Gabii sa Kabilin ticket worth Php 195 only. It comes along with a Gabii sa Kabilin tour map. Also, an e-magazine will be uploaded to provide the public more details on the participating sites.
The e-magazine can be downloaded from the internet starting 19 April 2019 through the following sites and pages:
Official Gabii sa Kabilin Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/gabiisakabilincebu/
Official RAFI website: rafi.org.ph
Official RAFI Facebook page: www.facebook.com/rafi.org.ph
Official Casa Gorordo Museum website: www.casagorordomuseum.org
The ticket also entitles participants to a tartanilla (horse-drawn carriage) trip in the city’s old district, and unlimited rides in Gabii sa Kabilin-designated buses.
This post was last updated on