Kabilin – A Cebu Heritage Mobile Photowalk
Join us for an afternoon walk and visit some of Cebu’s top heritage sites. It’s going to be a different kind of adventure and learning. Relive and experience the old Cebu like never before.
Here is the itinerary of the photo walk. We start at 3PM and will end around 6PM.
See the route below.
Museo Sugbo ➡ Fort San Pedro ➡ Plaza Independencia ➡ Campania Maritima ➡ Magellan’s Cross ➡ Sto. Nino Basilica ➡ Cebu Cathedral ➡ Colon Obelisk ➡ Cebu Heritage Monument ➡ Yap-San Diego House ➡ Casa Gorordo
Here are quick info about the heritage spots that we will be visiting.
Museo Sugbo is the Cebu Provincial Museum located in the former Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center.
Fort San Pedro
This military defence structure was built by the Spaniards under the command of Miguel Lopez de Legazpi.
One of the most significant sites in the history of Cebu. It is a symbol of independence and freedom from all the conquerors that tried to take over the island of Cebu
This building was known as the Shamrock Hotel in the 1930s and was built on reclaimed land at water’s edge. The building was abandoned after it was bombed down during World War II.
Magellan’s Cross is a Christian cross planted by Portuguese and Spanish explorers as ordered by Ferdinand Magellan upon arriving in Cebu in the Philippines on 15 March 1521.
Basílica Minore del Santo Niño
The church is considered as the Mother and Head of All Churches in the Philippines.
The Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral
The Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral, also as The Metropolitan Cathedral of the Holy Angels and of St. Vitales or The Metropolitan Cathedral of St. Vitales is the ecclesiastical seat of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Cebu in Cebu, Philippines.
Built at the northen end of Colon Street to signify the historical important of Colon Street.
Cebu Heritage Monument
The Heritage of Cebu Monument is a tableau of sculptures made of concrete, bronze, brass and steel showing scenes about events and structures related to the history of Cebu.
Yap-San Diego House
Considered to be one of the oldest residential houses in the Philippines. It is also said to be the first Chinese house built outside of China.
The home of Juan Gorodo, the first Filipino Bishop of Cebu.
Walk with us on the 25th of May and travel back in time at the Kabilin – A Cebu Heritage Mobile Photowalk.
What to bring:
- Mobile phone
- pocket wifi
- selfie stick (if you want)
- extra cash (for site entrance and snacks)
- Wear clothing that would not attract unwanted attention.
- Always stick with the group.
- Always be mindful of traffic.
- Always approach your subjects with a smile and try asking for their permission. Do not forget to thank them afterwards.
- Wear comfortable shoes. We will be walking for hours and nothing ruins the fun more than sore feet.
- Some sites have entrance fees, if you wish gain access, settle the fees at your expense.
- This photowalk is not related nor affiliated with the Gabii sa Kabilin.
- Gabii sa Kabilin kicks off at 6PM, if you wish to take part of the event, you may secure a ticket at the participating sites listed on the official Gabii sa Kabilin event page.
Kabilin – A Cebu Heritage Mobile Photowalk 2 is brought to you by:
- Mobile Perspectives / Drift Stories / Aldrin Core Moshpit / Toploading For Life
- Candiez Cafe