How to Cook Chicken Lollipops
Chicken Lollipop is one of the most famous dishes enjoyed by many. It is believed to be an appetizer dish. As a matter of fact not everybody knows that this delicious chicken dish is made from chicken wings. Chicken Lollipop is well thought-out of many as a main dish prepared in a simpler manner.
Chicken Lollipop can be compared or has a great similarity with a chicken recipe known as the Asian Pan Fried Chicken. The main difference is that Chicken Lollipop takes more time and effort to prepare. The organizing of this recipe is a little delicate at first try for the chicken wings are needed to be chopped, and then the meat must be placed in position in one end of the bone by loosening the meat from one end of the bone and forcibly pushing it down to the other end. This can be difficult at first, but with frequent practice you may be able to find techniques that will work for you.
Among everybody else, the kids love this dish most as it provides chicken goodness as well as enjoyment while eating them. Check out how Chicken Lollipops are made on the recipe below.
How to Cook Chicken Lollipop
- 10 pieces of chicken wings
- 1 ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 2 pieces eggs
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3 cups of cooking oil
- Slice the chicken wing through the joints and then divide them into 3 parts. The wingtip can be set aside for other future possible uses.
- Shape a lollipop feature from the wing. You must have with you by now two parts of the chicken wing. The one part is with a single bone and the other with two bones, and then begin on the part with one bone.
- Separate the meat from the bone. Do it carefully without cutting the bone. You may slide a sharp knife around the tip of the bone where the meat is still connected.
- While still holding the part where the knife went through; vertically position the wing on top of a flat surface.
- Push the bone downward in a very gentle manner until the meat slides down.
- Arrange the meat to form the lollipop feature.
- Put in salt and pepper seasonings to the chicken lollipops and let it stand for at least 15-30 minutes;
- As you leave your chicken lollipops to set in with the seasoning, start cracking the eggs to a bowl then whisk;
- Add-in the all-purpose flour while whisking until a buttery substance is formed;
- Dip the chicken lollipop on the buttery substance then to the breadcrumbs;
- Deep fry the chicken lollipop for about 8-10 minutes until it turns medium brown;
- Drain oil from your chicken lollipop. You may use paper towel to absorbed excess oil.
- Garnish and serve hot with your favorite dip.