“The happiness of mankind can be achieved by discovering a new dish rather than a star” says, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, a French lawyer who is also known as the father of low-carbohydrate diet and because of his famous work the Physiology of taste which was published in the year 1800’s.
Every day we eat almost the same kind of food, we meet almost the same kind of people, deals with the same kind of problems unsolved! We refuses to let ourselves discover something new, we refuses to go on and explore and that we would rather see ourselves stuck to the same kind of routine that we could not escape, leaving us unsatisfied with our work, leaving us being handed with nothing but our own regret!
You might be confused right now, why did I ever become so melodramatic at some point? And how does this being connected to this kind of picnic recipe that we are having? Like maybe you would want to proceed to see the ingredients immediately?
See? That’s what and how we deal it every day, that’s what we usually do, we refuses even to listen, we refuses to discover something elseat a particular moment! That’s why I quoted, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin; his words maybe as simple as that. But what he was trying to convince us is that happiness can be found in the simplest way, the tiniest manner, just by what you see, what you explore and just by what you discover! It is no longer a matter of discovering what is big. But it is a matter of one’s self-fulfillment.
Same as this kind of recipe at hand! A very standard ingredient, very simple, very bare but with a twist of sweetness and saccharinity, it made it something special and delightful! A treat that will not leave you being not fulfilled! Picnic food that is very ideal for desserts, A picnic idea for picnic parties, outing or even just your usual nibbles.
A fruit that is as simple as banana, garnishing it with your impeccable timing? Coating it with your passion? Add an extra-smile and sincerity by making it! And of course let’s not forget the superfluous fixings by dressing it with that yummy chocolate? Then, Voila! You have a delicious and very healthy meal.
And you just have lived what Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin said.
- Ripe large bananas ( but of course you have the option to add more bananas )
- Wooden Popsicle sticks
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) Hershey's dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips or any chocolate toppings that is available in your kitchen.
- 2 tablespoon of shortening, Take note, you must not use margarine, butter, spread or oil.
- 1 & 1/2 cups coarsely chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, you can also use pistachio peanuts or even almonds, and it would be up to you.
- First you have to prepare all the things needed for this meal. It is very important that there’s no missing ingredient so as to not waste time.
- Then, Peel the bananas, and you must cut it into three parts. So as we can serve too many.
- Right away, place each banana into a wooden stick.
- Placed the bananas on the wax paper-covered tray. Be sure to cover it! And you need to freeze it until firm.
- And for our chocolate dipping, Place chocolate chips and shortening in a medium-microwave safe bowl.
- Then, you have to microwave it for 1 & 1/2 - 2 minutes, or just as until chocolate is melted and when the mixture is smooth when stirred.
- It is also necessary to remove the bananas from the freezer, so as not to really frozen it that much!
- And then the best part is the dipping! You have to dip each piece into that microwaved warm chocolate, covering it entirely. Just allow the excess to drip off.
- Immediately roll in the peanuts, it’s best if a lot of extra peanuts stick to the banana, just to add extra crunch to it!
- Make sure to place it on the right container that would cover it!
- And again, you have to return it to the freezer.
- And Voila! Better to serve it frozen.
You don’t have to worry on how to make it, because it is as simple as one... two... three… 2. You can also use strawberries instead of bananas.
This post was last updated on