Hello, folks! My family and I had the opportunity to visit Cagayan de Oro recently for a family reunion. We had a full week filled with meeting the relatives and checking out some of the nearby CDO attractions. We definitely had a blast!
Where to Stay in CDO – Seda Centrio
There are many accommodation choices in Cagayan de Oro, depending on your needs and budget range.
However, one of the places that I can say really satisfied my needs for a hotel is Seda Centrio. In fact, they went above and beyond!
On my first night there, I went out early in the evening to socialize with our relatives. When I got back, I had this plate of pastries waiting for me. It said, “Welcome home, Ms. Dannea!” I found that super sweet, wouldn’t you?
I stayed in one of their Premier Rooms for 3 days and 2 nights and, wow, it was amazing from start to finish. All of the staff were helpful and attentive. Did not have a problem checking in and checking out.
Amenities that you can enjoy at Seda Centrio:
- Gorgeous, comfortable bedrooms – the Premier Room was especially amazing. Each room is filled with the essentials to provide each guest a comfortable stay.
- Pool for adults and kids – it was so relaxing there. A perfect place for beating the summer heat while enjoying top-notch facilities.
- A gym for the health conscious – complete with equipment for cardio and weight training.
- Misto, the hotel’s restaurant – you will not be disappointed with the food served here. They even have themed buffets on some nights.
- Executive Lounge – for Premier Room guests. This is a quiet place on the 14th floor that gives you the needed space to get some work done or to just chill. They serve unlimited afternoon tea/coffee and evening cocktails for Premier Room guests.
- Speedy internet – I never had a problem with the internet. Since I work when I travel most of the time, I am a heavy internet user. At Seda Centrio, I was able to finish my writing tasks, do some video calls, and stream movies without a problem.
Overall, I was really impressed with this hotel. So was my family. Highly recommended for business or pleasure travelers.
Seda Centrio Address: C.M. Recto corner Corrales Avenue
Cagayan de Oro City 9000, Philippines
Contact Number: (6388) 3238888 | (6388) 5636100
Cagayan De Oro: What to Do & Where to Go
CDO is a thriving city in the southern part of the Philippines. There are plenty of things to do.
Since we were mainly there for a family reunion, we did not tour the area as much as we could. However, the places we were able to visit were highly enjoyable.
Dahilayan Adventure Park
This place is like a miniature Baguio. In one concentrated area, you get a picnic spot under pine trees. Of course, the whole setting gives you access to cool and refreshing weather, plus plenty of beautiful mountain views.
This is also a nice place for thrill seekers as there are activities such as ziplining, zorbing, karting, and free-falling. You can also pay to ride horses along a short or long jungle trail. Groups of friends, families with little kids, and couples needing a getaway are welcome at Dahilayan.
Address: Brgy. Dahilayan, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon, Philippines
Our relatives took us to this place and it was such a great area for nature lovers like me. There was a really tall waterfall, mesmerizing us with its flow and a rainbow when we arrived.
The local government also built a pool right beside the falls. So, visitors have the choice to be more adventurous and swim at the super deep lake created by the falls, or be more laid back in the pool while enjoying the gorgeous view.
Address: Jasaan, Misamis Oriental
Kahulugan Spring Resort
As its name suggests, this is a spring resort. Meaning, there are two pools within the vicinity. The pools are not filled with chlorinated water but with water from the nearby gushing falls instead. There are cottages perfect for family gatherings. This is where we held our main family reunion. We partied our hearts out and enjoyed swimming in the pools as the water was super refreshing.
Address: Luz Banzon, 9003, Jasaan, 9003 Misamis Oriental
Phone: 0917 724 8390
There are many more to experience in CDO. We have not tried the following because we did not have enough time, but you might want to try them out:
- CDO white water or river rafting
- Vicente de Lara park
- Plaza Divisoria
- City Museum of Cagayan de Oro
- Mapawa Nature Park
- Macahambus Adventure Park
- Catanico Falls
- Migtugsok Falls
You can also enjoy some shopping therapy at the malls located in the downtown area. Or, you can go have a food trip and try out local dishes such as Humba CDO style and Salpicao. For nightlife, Corrales area (where Seda Centrio is located) has plenty to offer.
Have a Wonderful Time in CDO!
Cagayan de Oro is definitely worth visiting for anyone who wishes to explore more of the Philippines. Book a room at Seda Centrio for a highly comfortable stay. Then go and explore. Satisfy your need for thrill, bask in beautiful nature, and enjoy what this thriving city has to offer.
My family and I had a wonderful time, especially because we got to meet so many of our relatives in their hometown. Will definitely be going back!
This post was last updated on