Lomi is a Chinese-Filipino dish made from egg noodles. It is best served when hot and paired with bread. If you are on a tight budget, this version of lomi is best for those who are on a tight budget yet wanted to enjoy the same great taste of the special lomi served in the best restaurants.
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 pc small Onion, sliced
- 1 pc small Carrot, sliced
- 3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 100 g Cabbage, sliced
- 150 g Lomi Noodles, rinsed
- 3 pcs Pechay leaves, sliced
- 1 pc Egg
- Spring onions, chopped
- Saute garlic and onions.
- When the onions are soft, add the carrots, 3 cups of water, oyster sauce and cook until the carrots are tender.
- Add the cabbage, pechay and lomi noodles and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and stir in 1 1/2 tsps cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water and continue cooking until thick.
- Stir in the egg and spring onions.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Image by AngSarap.NET